The Jefferson County Historical Society is a privately-supported, non-profit organization founded in 1850. The society is dedicated to the preservation of and education about the history of Jefferson County through artifacts, documents, photographs and educational displays and programs.
The society maintains the History Center campus which has:
- a main building with the history museum, the children’s room and the library/archives,
- the historic 1895 railroad station with its large display of railroad memorabilia, and
- the 1918 authentically restored caboose.
There are a variety of ways to support our programs:
- financially by becoming a member or through monetary donations,
- by donating artifacts, historic documents or photographs,
- by volunteering time to assist with projects on the History Center campus.
The Historical Society staff is:
- John Nyberg, Director
- JoAnne Spiller, Education Director
- Beth Black, Office Manager